Desert Caching

Man and Nature

 I-10 just before getting into Palm Desert area. A Earth Cache got me to stop here called "Between ranges" GC1YZEZ did my best to take a photo of me and my gps with the mountains in the back ground. 


There are so many wind birds generating electricity in this area. It is amazing to see them all turning with the natural beauty in the background. Nature and Man working together. I grabbed a couple more along the frontage road by the railroad, then headed on.
Cactus Blooms 
Sun Baked



I took the bike out and road to some desert hides along a pretty good dirt road. Doesn't take long once you get away from the freeway to see the beauty of the desert. 





Stopped for another Earth Cache at Bajada - Joshua Tree National Park GCZ5Y5. There was a nice walking area and plenty of people taking in the nice weather. 


"A Bajada is a group of alluvial fans that have grown together to form one large slope of sediment at the base of mountains. Look across the valley to the bajada that has formed at the base of the Orocopia Mountains."




No comments:

Post a Comment